UDP woes...

fps fred.soulier.ml at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 13:03:49 EST 2010

Hi

Ok I've got the following class which creates the ConnectionlessBootstrap
for UDP with a very simple pipeline.

I'm running a test in the same where I bootstrap the UDP server then starts
to UDP clients.
My ConnectionHandler has a @ChannelPipelineCoverage("one") yet both clients
end up using the same channel handler context which creates a mess when
processing the messages...
I can see client #1 127.0.0.1:54634 and client #2 127.0.0.1:55789

Am I missing something here?

public class Udp implements Pipeline, ChannelPipelineFactory
{
  private ConnectionlessBootstrap bootstrap;
  private Channel channel;

  public Udp(int port)
  {
    bootstrap = new ConnectionlessBootstrap(new
           NioDatagramChannelFactory(Executors.newCachedThreadPool(),
           Runtime.getRuntime().availableProcessors()));
    bootstrap.setPipelineFactory(this);
    bootstrap.setOption("receiveBufferSizePredictorFactory",
          new FixedReceiveBufferSizePredictorFactory(1400));
    bootstrap.setOption("child.broadcast", false);
    channel = (DatagramChannel)bootstrap.bind(new InetSocketAddress(port));
  }

  public Bootstrap getBootstrap()
  {
    return bootstrap;
  }

  public Channel getChannel()
  {
    return channel;
  }

  public ChannelPipeline getPipeline()
    throws Exception
  {
    ChannelPipeline pipeline = Channels.pipeline();
    pipeline.addLast("connection", new ConnectionHandler());
    return pipeline;
  }
}

Thx