Connected UDP...

Martin Rogan martin.rogan.inc at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 18 11:56:49 EST 2010

I'm three weeks into my multi-protocol project and already have TCP, SSL,
HTTP and UDP up and running... or so I thought! Having moved from MINA I was
caught out by the connection-less nature of UDP in Netty. I want UDP to
behave as-if it was connected. What is my best option from here? Can I
extend my own "transport provider" and implement ServerChannel,
ChannelConfig, ServerChannelFactory, ChannelSink, etc. (as per
http://rafaelmarins.com/tag/netty)? Or should I be working in the Netty
source tree directly to do this kind of stuff? Either way is there some sort
of cookbook/example I can follow? Thanks, Martin.