branch ipfilter

Frederic Bregier fredbregier at free.fr
Tue Jan 26 16:05:11 EST 2010

Sorry Ron, I didn't see your answer before answering Trustin email.

Again, no problem, go ahead as you wanted on the ipfilter branch.

On your first question, if you don't know which ip addresses will be used,
probably you need to make a filter for all known ip addresses, one by one.
If you don't know at all the ip addresses, then it is more difficult.
But generaly, when one wants to filter, it is not based on local address but
on remote address (or it is for very special need I guess ?).

For the second question, my humble feeling would be:
1) use an attachment is ok (well I use it ;-)
2) have a boolean could be ok but then raized perhaps some issue when you
want to share this information with other handlers
3) removing the handler is ok if the handler has for only goal to stop the
connection and of course if the pipeline is created for each connection
separately, because if reused (shared pipeline), then the handler cannot do
its job again.

Cheers,
Frederic

-----