Frame decoder performance question...

infectedrhytms infectedrhythms at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 4 15:28:51 EST 2010

It was my client code. Sending the 2 byte header and then the rest of the
data cause the frame decoder to execute more. So now my client uses a
buffered ouput stream and seems ok.

My question now is what happens with netty if in my business logic handler
if it takes fairly long to execute?

I added a Sleep of 500 purposely in my business logic to simulate some heavy
workload like encryption and some other things. I would assume that the more
clients got connected I would be able to get upkeep the request but it seems
it canot. Is it because of the cached threadpool?