"Long running" handlers

Virat Gohil virat.gohil at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 22:53:40 EST 2010

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 9:14 AM, infectedrhytms
<infectedrhythms at hotmail.com>wrote:

> I even took out everything and just put a Thread.sleep(500)

Hmm, here is what I think is going on (Trustin/others please correct me if I
am wrong). The handler will process each request in sequence (due to
OrderedMemoryAware...). Thats why each message is received and processed one
after the other (each incurring a 500 ms delay that Thread.sleep is putting
there).

This does not happen when you close the connection right after processing
each request, because each connection will be handled by a different handler
and thus a different Executor from the OrderedMemoryAware...

Thats all I can think of, as of now.

HTH,

Virat