Stateful TCP conversation

Joern Barthel joern.barthel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 04:33:44 EST 2010

Hello list,

On 06.03.2010, at 23:44, Joern Barthel wrote:

> This works up to step A'. The packet apparently never arrives at the remote host and Wireshark tells me the packet is an "unreassembled packet (incorrect tcp checksum)". This might be due to checksum offloading (I am testing on local loopback) but right now it's the only clue I got.

I was able to fix the problem - apparently the ChannelBuffer I used had the wrong endianness. This led to this rather non-obvious bug. If there is any interest in preserving BE as default order in TCP client settings I can probably reproduce the conditions that led to this issue.

Best regards,

Joern