direct buffer memory issues

Stephen Haberman stephen at exigencecorp.com
Mon Mar 8 12:25:17 EST 2010

Hi Adam,

> I wasn't calling releaseExternalResources in all cases.

For my own education, am I right that this means LittleProxy has
multiple NioClientSocketChannelFactorys? Perhaps one per proxy client?

This is not that big of a deal given the little to no traffic my
fakehttp proxy has to deal with, but I currently have it creating just
one NioClientSocketChannelFactory on startup and then having all client
connections come from that one single factory.

It turns out I was not calling releaseExternalResources at all, on
either the server or client nio factories, but adding the call for both
was just two lines in my shutdown hook Runnable given I have only a
single instance of both.

Is there a good reason to have multiple NioClientSocketChannelFactorys,
or am I just misreading your post?

Thanks,
Stephen