Working together on a generic Proxy, was: Netty 3.2.0.BETA1 released: zero-copy file transfer

Stephen Haberman stephen at exigencecorp.com
Wed Mar 10 10:57:20 EST 2010

> Do you think we could work together on a unified project/codebase?
> Maybe our requirements are not equal, but I'm sure there is a lot of
> commonality.

I think this is a pretty good idea, but personally my proxy efforts [1]
were more focused on features for facilitating integration testing and
personal learning/hacking fun. I have little desire to work on the
intricate details/features of a production-grade proxy which I assume
would add at least an order of magnitude, if not more, of complexity to
a proxy's codebase.

But, yeah, I think it's still a good idea--I'd definitely pay attention
to any best practices, e.g. the single vs. multiple NIO pools, that
came out of such a coordinated effort.

- Stephen

[1]: http://github.com/stephenh/fakehttp