Design - Netty talking to Serial Port

B.L. Zeebub roger.varley at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 22 03:24:40 EDT 2010

Hi

In several places the documentation talks about using Netty to talk to the
serial port. Are there any code examples around? I'm particularly interested
in how to integrate the Serial Port EventListener.

In my particular use case I need to receive a command stream over a socket
from an external server, forward it to the serial port and return the
the server. I will also need to implement some form of flow control. I have
no control over when the command requests arrive from the server, so I need
to queue them until all responses from the previous command have been
received and forwarded. Any suggestions on the best way to implement the
queing mechanism would be gratefully recieved.

Regards