XMPP / XML Frame Decoder

"Trustin Lee (이희승)" trustin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 00:55:40 EDT 2010

Build an XML parser that works with a non-blocking input has always been
one of my interests.  All generic XML parsers out there I know of
require a blocking input (e.g. InputStream) to parse a document.  It
will be outstanding if someone embarks on this effort.

Apache Vysper team has written a preliminary implementation that at
least works for XMPP:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/sandbox/vysper/trunk/nbxml/src/main/java/org/apache/vysper/

It uses MINA IoBuffer so you will need to convert it to use
ChannelBuffer to make it work with Netty.  The conversion should be
trivial of course.  I'd rather want to see something that simply relies
on byte[] though.

Cheers,
Trustin