Best way to embed into a Web Container

José Antonio Silva Portell jsilva at modyo.com
Sun Mar 28 23:47:34 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm playing with Netty and I found it pretty awesome. I started to work on a
Web Socket project and I like to embed the Netty into the web container...

My idea is to have all the web stuff in Spring MVC (signup, settings, home
page, ...) and the real time section updated by websockets and Netty.

For example:

-Tomcat + Spring MVC listening in localhost:8080/myapp
-Netty listening in localhost:8080/myapp/websockets

If the two system can share the same connection pool to the DB it will be
great to... Is there a way to start Netty from the Spring Application
context??? Can they (Netty handler and Spring MVC controller) share the same
DAO beans???

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Jose Antonio