Basic Boss/Worker Thread Question

Marc-André Laverdière marcandre.laverdiere at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 06:37:38 EDT 2010

By default, each message needs to be processed before the next one is
handled. I think you'll need to delegate manually.

On 31 Oct 2010 18:36, "balluk" <balluk at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,

Please let me know if my understanding of Boss/Worker thread concept in
Netty is correct:
A Boss thread is created whenever a server is bound and a worker thread is
created whenever a client connects to the bound server.  So for every
client/server connection a worker thread is created.

Here is my question assuming that the above assumption is correct, will i be
able to create multiple worker threads for single client-server connection?
If yes then how do i do it?

Currently I am creating mutiple threads by calling execute method of a
shared executor in the pipeline by passing runnable instance.  Is this the
only way to spawn-off thread?

Here is my requirement:  A single client connects to a single server.  The
client sends multiple messages to the server, each message should be handled
asynchronously by a different thread ie each thread handles one message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Ballu