ExecutionHandler in pipeline does not forward client disconnected event

Bill Brochuwski bbrochu at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 2 18:28:31 EDT 2010

Hi,

When my pipeline does not contain an ExecutionHandler, the server is
notified immediately
when a client disconnects. If I add an ExecutionHandler to my pipeline, the
server becomes
aware of the client disconnection only when it tries to write to it.

  // Only one instance created
  ExecutionHandler executionHandler =
     new ExecutionHandler(new OrderedMemoryAwareThreadPoolExecutor(16,
512*1024, 1024*1024));

in MyChannelPipelineFactory.getPipeline():

  // If I comment out the following line, the server gets notified
immediately of a client
  // disconnect (exceptionCaught in MySimpleChannelUpstreamHandler)
  pipeline.addLast("executionHandler", executionHandler); // Must be shared
among all channels.

  pipeline.addLast("businessLogicHandler", new
MySimpleChannelUpstreamHandler());

Thanks