Preserving channel events order without using an ExecutionHandler

Bill Brochuwski bbrochu at sympatico.ca
Sat Nov 6 06:19:37 EDT 2010

Thanks a lot, like you say "a bit after", but really appreciated,

I'm happy with your response since I really prefer not using an
ExecutionHandler
and still preserve channel's events order. And like you say I can use
channel.setReadable(false) for more lengthy processing.

So the following is OK?
   serverBootstrap =
      new ServerBootstrap(
         new NioServerSocketChannelFactory(
            Executors.newCachedThreadPool(),
            Executors.newCachedThreadPool(),
            workerCount));
with NO ExecutionHandler in my pipeline.

But still, in my other post
   "ExecutionHandler in pipeline does not forward client disconnected
event",
mlaverd answered me:
   "I think you need to put the handler that guarantees ordering of events."

"client diconnnection" not being forwarded to my business logic is another
reason why
I don't whant to use an ExecutionHandler.

So who is right? "Should I stay or should I go?"

Thanks again.