A small enhancement to ReplayingDecoder

brunodecarvalho kindernade at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 06:00:42 EST 2010

Trustin,

The counter works just fine for straightforward protocols, but what if you'd
want to jump from PARAM_VALUE back to PARAM_COUNT again (in the context of
the same message)?

That's why I proposed the extension that runs in a continuous loop. It uses
the checkpoints but allows you to jump to any of the available targets,
rather than just falling down the switch.

I actually only used it once - most of the binary stuff I implement is very
straightforward - but in this one integration I had to do, the structure of
the messages was really tricky and this came in just handy.

Cheers,
  Bruno