Netty server sending protobuf messages, correct design approach

pravesh pravesh.chaudhary at rbs.com
Mon Nov 15 05:08:24 EST 2010

Hi,

Can anyone suggest me the correct design approach of setting up Netty
Client/Server
Below is the description of Use Case that I am addressing:

Client:
I have a Client who is sending request containing query parameters.
Server:
The server will parse the query parameters and send the search results as
messages(I am looking forward to use google proto buf messsages) back to the
client.
Now there is a twist:- There will be multiple mssages as part of response
and in some cases even the response stream continues indefinitely as it may
start publishing a live feed.

Now the question:
Is making RPC call a viable option, or do I need to set up something extra.
Please advice.