UDP problem

dmontero dmontero at cystelcom.com
Mon Nov 15 11:17:02 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to use Netty to create my own UDP protocol. In that protocol
there is a server and a lot of clients sending request to the server (like
http applications).

The first i tried was the QOTM sample and it works fine. The problem comes
when i add a lot of request from client to server:

	DatagramChannel c = (DatagramChannel) b.bind(new InetSocketAddress(0));
        for (int i = 0; i< 3000; i++){
           c.write("QOTM?", new InetSocketAddress("localhost", 8082));
        }

With the code above never arrive the 3000 request to the server same as
never arrive the 3000 response to the client just arrive around 1700-2000 in
both cases i think that is because the buffer is full sometimes and some
packets are lost.

Im almost sure that is the producer-consumer problem and im not sure that if
i increment the buffer size my application is going to be ok all time or im
only postpone the fail.

Anyone knows how to solve or why happens this problem?

Regards,

David.