http response not being sent

ljohnston johnstlr at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 23 04:24:29 EST 2010

Hi Chavdar

It's still possible to deadlock with a thread pool if your threads are
writing back out to the channel and waiting for the write to complete.
Basically if buffered data in the thread pool exceeds maxTotalMemorySize
then Netty blocks the I/O threads on a semaphore until the thread pool
threads have processed some of the data. However, this means that if your
thread pool threads perform an operation that is processed by an I/O thread
and waits for completion it'll deadlock because the I/O thread isn't
currently available.

I've added a much longer description to

http://www.jboss.org/netty/community.html#nabble-td5464013
http://www.jboss.org/netty/community.html#nabble-td5464013

Trustin - I don't know if you saw this because I've only just realised that
I'd added it to a closed bug. My apologies.

Cheers
Lee