How to use default SSL TrustStore/KeyStore loading and trust behavior - getting no cipher suites in common

Marc-André Laverdière marcandre.laverdiere at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 04:47:29 EST 2010

Hi,

I don't see any problems with the code itself... only that you are
using the system-default keystore and trust store. That is not wrong
in itself, but I don't think of that as scaling smoothly if you have
multiple applications running on the same machine.

The problem is not netty-specific, it has everything to do with the
SSL implementation in Java.

Which keys are you using, RSA or DH/DHE? Are you on TLSv1 or SSLv3?
What is the client's SSL library?

I remember that, in my case, after disabling all the weak(er) suites,
I was down to only one possible option!!! It might be something
similar for you, and the other side maybe doesn't support it.

Regards,

Marc-André LAVERDIÈRE
"Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and
complete, not lacking anything." -James 1:4
http://asimplediscipleslife.blogspot.com/
mlaverd.theunixplace.com