[resteasy-dev] RESTEasy and possible "community" contribution

Tomaž Cerar tomaz.cerar at gmail.com
Thu May 5 10:18:33 EDT 2016

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 3:46 PM, Weinan Li <weli at redhat.com> wrote:

> >     1794  02-22-2016 03:09
>  org/jboss/resteasy/springmvc/tjws/TJWSSpringMVCDispatcher.class
> >     2809  02-22-2016 03:09
>  org/jboss/resteasy/springmvc/tjws/TJWSEmbeddedSpringMVCServerBean.class
> >

> And also the 'tjws' module itself.
>

> > Do you know more about customer use-cases ?
>
> I recently fixed a tjws ssl use case requested by customer:
> https://github.com/resteasy/Resteasy/pull/761/files

well, that doesn't satisfy the requirement for not removing it. As tjsw was
never supported part of tech stack.

Also your fix in pull request is completely wrong and should be reverted
immediately.
You are adding javax.servlet.api vesion 2.5 dependency to project that
already has servlet api 3.1 dependency see (
https://github.com/resteasy/Resteasy/blob/master/jaxrs/pom.xml#L55)
effectively adding two different versions of API on classpath for different
modules. Not to say it has 4 commits for simple fix. This is just plain
wrong.

This is just another example that this project needs proper oversight, to
prevent things like this from happening.
one of my older pull requests https://github.com/resteasy/Resteasy/pull/464
was dealing just with multiple versions of same apis in different modules.
and few months later it is happening again. this needs to stop.

--
tomaz