[resteasy-dev] Branch_3_0

Rostislav Svoboda rsvoboda at redhat.com
Mon May 9 04:39:48 EDT 2016

> Hi,
> considering all the improvements in the build and testsuite recently
> discussed here as well as the development for JAX-RS 2.1, I believe it's
> time to create a 3.0.x branch and open up the master to future stuff.

+1, 3.0.x branch can be basically used for CP stuff

I would personally prefer to have new brach per new product minor release 3.0.z for 7.0, 3.1.z for 7.1, 3.2.z for 7.2
  There may be requests for some features / enhancements (not related to JAX-RS 2.1 ) in 7.1 / 7.2 / 7.3
  Only bug fixes should be done in micro version of component

Base on this I tend to think JAX-RS 2.1 development should be done in 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT master / branch.
Project structure + versions cleanup should be done before proceeding with JAX-RS 2.1 stuff to avoid clean-up of multiple branches.

WDYT?

Rostislav