[resteasy-dev] RESTEASY-1486 and jackson

Ron Sigal rsigal at redhat.com
Mon Sep 26 16:47:39 EDT 2016

I see in https://access.redhat.com/articles/2158031 "JBoss Enterprise
Application Platform (EAP) 7 Included Modules" that jackson modules are
listing as "private" and jackson2 modules are "public".

Is that also true for Wildfly 10? I'm not sure how to tell. I see,
though, that
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WFLY10/Implicit+module+dependencies+for+deployments
references org.jboss.resteasy.resteasy-jackson-provider.

What I'm asking, really, is: Do we need to support jackson?

Also, I've been meaning to suggest that we do away with
resteasy-jboss-modules-<version>.zip(for AS 7) and rename
resteasy-jboss-modules-wf8-<version>.zip to
resteasy-jboss-modules-wf-<version>.zip (that is, get rid of the "8" in
"wf8").

-Ron

--
My company's smarter than your company (unless you work for Red Hat)