[resteasy-dev] CDI stereotype usage in JAX-RS annotated methods

Jim Ma ema at redhat.com
Fri Nov 2 05:29:43 EDT 2018

I don't get what's the good thing to include
@Produces(MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON) to @Stereotype annotation.
 From RESTEASY-1821 reproducer code,  It doesn't simplify thing to
annotate @RestService stereotype to SomeRestServce, moreover
it introduces other annotation clash issue as you said. It's better to
let Resteasy process @Produce annotation directly instead of
CDI container.

@Path("/some")
@RestService
public class SomeRestService {
     @GET
     @Path("/")
     public Response getSome() {
         return Response.ok().entity("{\"x\" : 42, \"y\" :
\"foo\"}").build();
     }
}

Thanks,