[resteasy-dev] Rest Easy Authentication Trigger

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Fri Nov 1 14:15:19 EDT 2019

I have found the following that answers my question: -

https://docs.jboss.org/resteasy/docs/4.4.0.Final/userguide/html/Securing_JAX-RS_and_RESTeasy.html

So overall I both need to switch on support for the annotations AND
configure a path based security constraint in the web.xml to trigger
authentication.

Have there been any discussions on looking into this further?  It seems
plausible that authentication could be triggered in the event a role is
required if authentication has not already been performed: -

https://javaee.github.io/javaee-spec/javadocs/javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest.html#authenticate-javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse-

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.