[resteasy-dev] Introduction and Jakarta EE 9 APIs

Andy McCright j.andrew.mccright at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 18:14:12 EDT 2020

Hello RESTEasy Devs,

My name is Andy McCright, and I work at IBM - primarily on the Open Liberty
project.  Some of you may know me from other projects - I've been involved
with the Jakarta JAX-RS API community, the MicroProfile community and the
Apache CXF community.

In Open Liberty, we're investigating the use of RESTEasy as our JAX-RS 3.0
implementation (and most likely our MP Rest Client implementation as
well).  As such, I'd like to get involved with the development and
maintenance of RESTEasy.

In order for Open Liberty to consume RESTEasy, we'll need it to work with
the Jakarta EE 9 / JAX-RS 3.0 APIs (in the jakarta.ws.rs.* packages instead
of the javax.ws.rs.* packages).  For now, we could use the Eclipse
Transformer[1] tool to change the package dependencies, but are there plans
to release a new version of RESTEasy that uses the updated packages?
Perhaps that is an effort that I could contribute to?

Anyway, I thought I would introduce myself. Thanks for producing a quality
JAX-RS implementation.  I'm looking forward to getting to know you and this
project a little better!

Thanks,

Andy

[1] https://github.com/eclipse/transformer