Guava dependency - to drop or not to drop?

Lukáš Fryč richfaces-dev at lists.jboss.org
Fri Feb 14 03:12:50 EST 2014

I agree with Cody that Guava is something what final application developer should decide about.

---

As I said, a re-factoring is not simply addressable at this point,

but I believe we can shade Guava library (even in minimized form) into RichFaces.

It will avoid collisions and ensure stability of API for us.
I'm not afraid we will forget about upgrading - when there is a critical issue in Guava (such as a bug we track down or security issue), we will be forced to upgrade.
In major (and sometimes minor) revisions we upgrade from time to time.

Additionally it would be good to take the list of interfaces I listed above and make sure we don't depend on @Beta interfaces.

---

What do you think?

Posted by forums