Travis CI - stability?

Lukáš Fryč lukas.fryc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 02:39:13 EST 2014

Hey Mathias,

thanks for reaching us!

I think local Maven repo mirror would help caching artifacts and speed up
any Maven build tremendously.

We need to do two executions now:
1. one that pre-downloads artifacts
https://github.com/richfaces/richfaces/blob/master/.travis.yml#L3
2. run verification task

When having a Maven mirror, there would be no point in doing step (1).

As you can see from the build history, RichFaces job usually completes in
30-40 mins, but sometimes it exceeds even 50 mins (builds 506-508).
https://travis-ci.org/richfaces/richfaces/builds

I may just assume that the speed of execution depends on Maven repositories
that artifacts are downloaded from, the network bandwidth limitations or
maybe the Travis CI node that the node runs on. This is the question we
can't answer ourselves.

Thanks,

~ Lukas