Chart component naming

Michal Petrov richfaces-dev at lists.jboss.org
Wed Sep 10 05:40:33 EDT 2014

I think the current naming of the chart sub-components is a little vague, especially when viewing the VDL doc where the components are all over the list.
The components are:
* rich:chart
* rich:legend
* rich:point
* rich:series
* rich:xaxis
* rich:yaxis

One solution would be to give all components a "chart" prefix so that it becomes more apparent what those components are for, we already have a precedent in tree (tree, treeNode, treeAdaptor) and notify (notify, notifyMessage, notifyStack). Then again, rich:column is one of the elements that can only be used inside another component and it's standing alone in the list.

What do you think?

Posted by forums
Original post: https://developer.jboss.org/message/903401#903401