[rules-dev] drools-eclipse

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Wed Apr 4 12:07:49 EDT 2007

Just a reminder that I have refactored the eclipse stuff and there are
now four directories.under drools-eclipse, drools-ide no long exists.
drools-eclipse-plugin
drools-eclipse-feature
drools-eclipse-test
drools-eclipse-test-feature

We are gradually fully automating and customising maven so the top level
build.xml will be killed off. soon, and most likely no longer works.
However ant is still used to build the documentation and the eclipse
plugin, it is just integrated into the mavne lifecycle using the antrun
plugin.

We will continue include the engine, eclipse and brms in the same build
system for now as the project is quite fluid and we need close
co-operation. In the future, when the engine api and language features
mature, we may look at seperating brms and eclipse, or atleast the brms,
so that they baseline with a specific version of the engine release,
this will allow projects to do releases on their own.

I have automed the eclipse plugin build, although still trying to get
the unit tests automated, and that is now part of the maven life cycle.
Edson is currently investigating having the various ant and manfiest
files having their information populated from maven - i.e. dependencies
and version info.

drools-eclipse is now activated as a profile, using the eclipse.home
settings, this is part of the automation process and the libs will not
be copied across unless you do this.
mvn -Dmaven.test.skip -Declipse.home=c:\java\eclipse install

The following classes have commented out tests, can I ask who ever is
responsible for them to sort this out. I want to get the eclipse
automation and testing ship shape, which will make things easier for the
future.
IncompleteParsingTest
ReteooLayoutFactoryTest
RuleContentOutlineTest