[rules-dev] maven assembler

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 03:35:12 EDT 2007

 > PS I was trying to make a way to put dependencies in a seperate "lib"
 > folder, but maven didn't recognise the <dependencySets> tag - just
 > thought it would make for a neater distro for those not using maven.

Are you using the war or the assembly plugin to create the war?

Both versions are locked down in the parent pom (which will be enforced
from maven 2.1 btw)?

They released maven-assembly-plugin 2.2-beta1, and I used dependencySet
successfully in there. What exactly do you want to assemble?

PS: to keep the "mvn install" on the parent pom with all modules fast, I
can really recommend to do assembly's in a seperate profile. I usually
call this profile "production", but "complete" would be a good name too.

<profiles>
   <profile>
     <id>production</id>
     <build/plugins/plugin>
       <artifactId>maven-assembly-plugin</>
       <execution>
         <phase>package</>
         <goals/goal>assembly:attached</>
       </>
       <configuration>...

So normal builds do:
   mvn install

Complete builds do:
   mvn -Pproduction install

Other examples of goals that take to long are jar signing etc for
webstart, that really needs to be in the "production" profile.

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet