[rules-dev] workingmemory and dispose()

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Sun Apr 22 22:38:46 EDT 2007

currently working memories are auto garbage collected once you null
them, by using a weak hashmap in the RuleBase. I'm currently adding
async methods to the working memory, which means that the weak hashmap
no longer works. So I'm thinking of using a normal hashmap, which means
people MUST call workingMemory.dispose() or they will get memory leaks,
are people ok with that? I now have ruleBase.newStatelessSession which
won't adding the session to the Map, to avoid having to call dispose()
for stateless sessions.