[rules-dev] dependencies

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Sat Feb 10 00:41:26 EST 2007

I've done a bit of refactor. JCI has no been inlined and all it' use of
commons-* removed, including commons-logging. I have added mininimal
StringUtils and ArrayUtils because decisiontables and ide uses them. The
result is we use a lot less dependencies now, so its getting more
manageable again. The next stage is to move templates to MVEL, then we
can remove antlr-2.7.7 and StringTemplate-3.0.jar. Further to that I
have updated Janino and Eclipse to the latest versions, both of which
allow you to have static imports while targetting jdk1.4 src, so after
M1 I'll update functions to use those, rather than the current hacked
function resolvers.

The ide plugin is now 7.3MB, much smaller than the plugin size we use th
have on first launch. Removing antlr-2.7.7 and StringTemplate will take
off a further 600kb. Do we need to package janino with the ide? If we
remove janino we take of a further 400kb, taking the plugin size down to
6.3MB. Antlr 3.0 is currently 664kb, if we can strip that down to purely
runtime deps only, we might be able to get the plugin dow nto 6MB exactly.