[rules-dev] Compiler API - changes?

Michael Neale michael.neale at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 22:07:02 EST 2007

* Firstly, a simpler higher level API, like the RuleBaseLoader - for dealing
with simple cases (a High Level API that compiles and builds in one step).
* Secondly - I don't see why we have to expose the descrs in the normal case
- we can just have an api that goes from source to Package binary  - make it
optional to extract the Descrs.

* Perhaps something like:

PackageBuilder.addPackageHeader(... stuff for package header... only done
once... eg globals, imports... validate it all at this point).
PackageBuilder.addRule(... just takes the reader to a single rule...)
PackageBuilder.addDrl(... just takes a reader to a chunk of DRL, but does
NOT include the package header? Or if it does, it works jsut as before,
merging the package).
PackageBuilder.addFunction...

you get the idea. Its really augmenting it for the repo/individual rule
assets/files.