[rules-dev] Next Release 4.2

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Wed Jul 25 19:03:10 EDT 2007

I wan't to make the next release happen quicky, ideally 3 months or so.
This release will be jdk1.5 and above and Eclipse will move to 3.3,
there will be no more jdk1.4 or Eclipse 3.2 releases. The two main
focuses for the next release are:
Analytics
Testing

I also want to enhance the engine for the following:
Pluggeable evaluators
Pluggeable extractors
Pluggeable Parsers with Clips Parser
Multiple patterns inside of accumulate
Else labels (ala opsj)
Pushed based 'from' where services can "push" data into a from node.
Rewritteable data sources, where HQL is dynamically generated to move
the pattern constraints into the database
    -Person( miles > 1000 ) from dataSource will internally be rewritten
as Person() from dataSource; where the dataSource now applies the miles
 > 1000.
RuleAgent should be able to handle drls directly, not just binary packages.

I expect a number of other smaller things will make there way in as
well. We will decide on Eclipse/RuleFlow/BRMS updates shortly.