[rules-dev] IDE update site and Drools 4.0.0 maven Repository <= broken

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 10:26:48 EDT 2007

Actually it's a corrupted deploy apparently, but because of a different
reason:

http://repository.jboss.com/maven2/org/drools/drools-compiler/4.0.0/
does not contain
drools-compiler-4.0.0.pom
instead it contains pom.xml but a remote repository should not contain that.

Someone's not been using "mvn deploy" here :)
Sources jar are also missing of course, although I am pretty sure a "mvn
deploy" deploys them to (as well as hashes/md5 and stuff).

Also note that you can "mvn deploy" to a different repo with the
-DaltRepository parameter (though the format is a bit tricky to get right)

Anyone with access to the server can easily do a "mvn deploy", the only
pitfall is getting USER_HOME/.m2/setting.xml correctly before doing it:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<settings xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0"
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.0.0.xsd">
     <!--<interactiveMode>false</interactiveMode>-->
     <servers>
         <server>
             <id>shell.sourceforge.net</id>
             <username>ge0ffrey</username>
             <password>xxx</password>
             <filePermissions>775</filePermissions>
             <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
         </server>
     </servers>
</settings>

Mind the permissions: otherwise it's 700 or something and pretty
annoying if any other team member ever wants to fix anything manually.

My advice: clean up all the org/drools/*/4.0.0 dirs and start over :)

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet