[rules-dev] Jboss snapshot repo

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 05:27:01 EDT 2007

Sorry, the correct url is http://snapshots.jboss.org/maven2/
my bad.

I saw it in the jboss richfaces pom, so I figured it's the standaard
jboss snapshot repo.
Idunno who's in charge of the repo's at JBoss?

AFAIK, if JBoss follows the maven guidelines it's recommended to have 2
repo's:
1) a releases repo, which:
-- gets release artifacts deployed to it from jboss projects ("mvn
release/deploy") upon release
-- has a number of groupId's which are synced up to central
(repo1.maven.org). For example org.drools would be nice as then users
will find it when they search repo1 or mvnrepository.com)
-- optionally is a proxy (see the app servers proximity or archiva) to
central, though I'd recommend against this, as you might as well get
them directly from central
2) a snapshot repo, which is uses if the version number ends in
-SNAPSHOT, during development and for nightly builds.

Note that the maven guidelines figured out it's a bad idea to separate
normal repo's from pluginRepo's (or even not keep them in sync in your
pom.xml), but it's highly recommended to split up snapshot from non
snapshot repo's.

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet