[rules-dev] name

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Fri Jun 8 12:01:55 EDT 2007

Yes the idea was to have "Drools" as the project name and "JBoss Rules"
as the product name. But I don't think that's working out too well. What
is the project and what is the product? The two overlap too much for it
not to be confusing.

So anyone got any simple good names? Or one possability is to use "JBoss
Drools", allowing us to use Drools everywhere, but marketting can use
the "JBoss" prefix in their material - although at the time of the
original rebranding Drools was considered a little controversial as some
people had issues with it's childish innuendos. Dropping the JBoss part
altogether is not really a possability, that branding side is just too
valueable to the people that make all this possible :) Also on the
corporate side the JBoss branding association really helps with
adoption. But atleast whether you refer to it as "JBoss Drools" or just
"Drools" people will know what you are talking about.

Mark