[rules-dev] change "assert" to "insert"

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Mon May 14 19:58:26 EDT 2007

We have been getting querries with regards to jdk assert collision and
jboss rules assert, for this reason we are thinking of changing it to
insert for 4.0. Further to that its causing language integrations issues
for us as we expand pluggeable dialects. For this reason we are thinking
of chaning assert to insert, this would be an api change and a language
level change. I'd thought I'd throw this out to the community before we
do it. This of course breaks backwards compatability.