[rules-dev] Predict rule firing watching partial matches

Alfonso González agonzalez at dynagent.eu
Mon Nov 19 03:21:00 EST 2007

Hello

We have developed a behaviour’s data driven application: when rules change
data model, behaviour changes. Model is some kind of network. Each time
system know a new case, we copy some piece of the model in order to rules
modifies the copy, but not the model (model is protected from rules). But
not all cases will fire rules, so is not efficient to build all the copy
each time, when maybe there wont be rules going to fire. So the more
efficient way to build the copy is: step to step exploring diferent paths,
and being able to predict not succesfull paths and then cancel this not
succesfull path in advance. Supposed a rule will fire 4 steps next, so step
1, 2 and 3 partial macthes must be happen. So, for each new path, after
every step, I could wacth if new partial matches has happen, and if not, we
can cancel this path a go in depth with other path. So the question is: is
ther any way to listen partial matches being happens, and can I know number
of partial matches from each rule or from a group of rules?

Thank you in advance

Alfonso González

DYNAGENT SOFTWARE