[rules-dev] CEP/ESP support: initial commit

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Mon Nov 19 16:33:30 EST 2007

    All,

    As some of you already know, I created a branch to develop the CEP/ESP
support as well as the temporal extension to the engine. You can check it
out from here:

http://anonsvn.labs.jboss.com/labs/jbossrules/branches/temporal_rete/

    Parent JIRA task is:

http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBRULES-1331

    Right now I'm working on:

http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBRULES-1332

    Today I committed the first few bits to it (
http://fisheye.jboss.org/changelog/~author=tirelli/JBossRules/?cs=16677). It
is not much, but the parser is now capable of identifying and handling
"event" declarations in the form of:

import event a.b.c.MyEvent
import event x.y.z.*

    The engine is also able to correctly identify events as we discussed in
the mail thread last week.
    Next step I am working on is getting the engine to support a special
type of fact handle: EventFactHandle. This will require a bit of refactoring
to get some conf information up in the WorkingMemory or RuleBase class.

    From now on, the development of the features related to that will
accelerate and I will try to keep as much discussions as possible here in
the list. So, if you are one of those that loves open source, is interested
in the CEP/ESP subject and/or temporal reasoning, and want to get involved,
this is a good time for you to join the crew as we set sail. :)

    Happy Drooling,

    []s
    Edson

--