[rules-dev] possible bug, NPE in PackageBuilder.java

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Mon Dec 22 06:22:04 EST 2008

Try changing the code to this, let me know if it fixes the problem and
I'll apply to trunk. any chance you could send us a mini self contained
unit test for this bug?

    public synchronized void addPackage(final Package newPkg) {
        PackageRegistry pkgRegistry = this.pkgRegistryMap.get(
newPkg.getName() );
        Package pkg = null;
        if ( pkgRegistry != null ) {
            pkg = pkgRegistry.getPackage();
        }

        if ( pkg == null ) {
            pkg = newPackage( new PackageDescr( newPkg.getName() )
).getPackage();
        }