[rules-dev] Status of CEP Work?

Matt Kendall matt_kendall at iname.com
Mon Feb 11 11:31:58 EST 2008

I've been reading the mailing list archives and I've even checked out
the temporal_rete branch from SVN. A lot of the work looks promising,
and it looks like a good bit has been accomplished. What I'm trying to
determine is how close Drools is
to having comprehensive CEP capability. I ask because I have a project
that would benefit from the performance enhancements of a Rete engine,
but I can get by (in the short term) without those enhancements. From
looking at the JUnits, it looks like the relational operators and time
windows are still under active development? I may be able to help out
(subject to the approval of my employer) if CEP is close to
completion.

Thanks!
Matt