[rules-dev] Leaps Match Algorithm discontinuation

stuntman-mike at web.de stuntman-mike at web.de
Thu Jun 5 04:50:42 EDT 2008

mproctor at codehaus.org wrote:
> There are things you can do. remove the agenda, but make sure all node
> memories are iterated in lifo order - thus propagations will happen in
> approximate lifo, but fire straight away. Make sure the network building
> orders according to salience. You can then do an adapter algorithm that
> chooses to store or not store partial matches, based on demands of the
> problem. It isn't hard to write a network that can lazily pull all the
> joins from parent nodes (ala leaps) if there are no partial matches -
> thus creating a hybrid algorithm.

Thank you very much for your fast reply, it helps a lot!
If it causes not too much trouble and you find time for this, I would like to ask you if you have more information (weblinks, reports, etc.) on these algorithms or their implementations and commercial use.
It's quite hard to find recent reports (or reports at all), it seems all the theoretical work has been done long ago and further development only happens in commercial products.
Thank you very much!

Regards, E.L.