[rules-dev] simple templates

Michael Neale michael.neale at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 08:26:29 EDT 2008

Hi Matt.
Was thinking about whole-rule templates, wanted to run some ideas.

Would we assume that templates like this would generally only be used
with tooling? ie not so much with plain text editors?
If so, then why not use some well formed document for a template:

To use, the data is simply the same, but with a value filled in the
"field" tag. This is easy to parse, and easy to build GUI for.

We can then use MVEL templating to render the values from the "field"
tags into an actual rule.

Thoughts?

Alternative is a more DSL like approach where the text goes through a
proper parser (like you have been working on).

Michael.