[rules-dev] Is there any way to get the original eval expression through AfterActivationFiredEvent event?

Mohit Manrai mailmanrai at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 10:23:30 EST 2008

Hi,

I am using JBoss rules 3.0.6 to externalize all business rules. We have a
requirement were in we want to create a audit report after rules have been
executed. For each rule, we need to track Desired Condition Value(as
specified in when part), Actual Condition Value(value in asserted object)
and so on.

I looked into Event Model API's and was able to successfully fetch required
data from call back methods provided by  DefaultAgendaEventListener for most
of the rules.

However, In my application there are some rules which use EvalCondition. I
am not able to fetch required data from EvalExpression() - I know that using
eval is not a good idea but it will remain like this for now.

On introspecting Eval Expression i am getting something like below:

TestIt.Rule_FirstRuleToTest_0Eval0Invoker at feefa5e0

What i am expecting is something like below:

eval( Income.getGrossIncome().doubleValue() == 10001)

Is there any way to get the original eval expression through
AfterActivationFiredEvent event?

Another problem which i for see going forward is that i need to gather
required audit data not only for rules which have fired but also for rules
which did not get fired. I require same data for these rules like Desired
Condition value, actual value in asserted object. So that any body can see
how actual value differed from desired value. I am not able to figure out
how to gather data for rules which did not get fired at all.

Regards,
Mohit Manrai