[rules-dev] Upgrade to maven 2.2.1 from maven 2.0.9 + upgrade maven plugins?

Michael Neale michael.neale at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 16:55:34 EST 2009

HI Geoffrey. I have been using 2.2.1 myself for various projects.

I think changing hudson maven version would be the limiting factor,
will see if we can find out what the plans are for that.

I wonder if people are kind of holding off big changes for maven 3 -
given that it is supposed to buy us all ponies, and solve world peace
etc (if it is very compatible with 2.x poms then I would be over the
moon !).

On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 10:38 PM, Geoffrey De Smet
<ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Our maven build could use some cleanup.
> I think now is the time, before the m2 and rc releases are being build,
> and much of the build will be used thoroughly.
>
> Drools has a minimal maven version of 2.0.9.
> Hudson uses maven 2.0.10 for drools.
> Some developers are already using maven 2.2.1 (that's the default in
> Ubuntu 9.10 and probably will be Fedora 13 too).
> Maven 3 will be released Q1 2010, though they claim that maven 3-alpha-5
> is already the most stable maven ever build.
>
> So, currently we are suppose to make sure our build works and builds
> exactly the same on these maven versions:
>   2.0.9, 2.0.10, 2.1.0 (this version sucks), 2.2.0 and 2.2.1.
> It probably doesn't.
>
> I'd like to take a look at 2 things:
> - Upgrade minimal maven version to maven 2.2.1
> - Upgrade maven plugins (some use really old versions)
>

> So, the first road block (if we want to do this) is hudson.
> Can the maven version of hudson be specified per project?
> Or do we have to wait until jboss upgrades the overall hudson maven version?
>
> --
> With kind regards,
> Geoffrey De Smet

Michael D Neale