[rules-dev] Drools Maven profile for JBOSS SOA-P

Jervis Liu jliu at redhat.com
Thu Feb 12 21:58:36 EST 2009

Mark Proctor wrote:
> Jervis Liu wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am currently working on jira
>> https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/BRMS-29. The attached is a patch
>> for this jira, please note it is not finished yet as I am having
>> problems building Drools latest
>> trunk("RuleExecutionSetImpl.java:[173,15] cannot find symbol  :
>> method newStatefulSession(org.drools.SessionConfiguration) - anyone
>> else see this error?). The idea is using a maven profile to generate
>> a specific distribution for JBOSS SOA-P release, which involves in
>> excluding some modules/files, changing the text of some docs etc. For
>> details please take a look into my patch. With this patch, you still
>> build Drools as before, for example mvn install, nothing changed. But
>> it also gives you an option to build a SOA-P specific distribution
>> using "mvn install -Psoa".
> I updated it to now taken an Environment variable, but you can use null.
>
> Mark
Hi Mark, where can I see your change? Did you mean sth like this:

"This will activate the profile when the system property "debug" is
specified with any value:

<profiles>
  <profile>
    <activation>
      <property>
        <name>debug</name>
      </property>
    </activation>
  </profile>
</profiles>"

Does the patch look alright to everyone? Well, its still subject to some
minor changes, but does the overall idea and the way how it works look
ok? If there is no objection, I am going to commit this patch early next
week.

BTW, just want to confirm, I need to commit the patch to Drools trunk,
correct?

Thanks,
Jervis