[rules-dev] feature request: undo-then

Fowler, Paul (OTDA) Paul.Fowler at otda.state.ny.us
Thu Feb 19 12:16:21 EST 2009

Is this a problem with the Context being mixed in with Conditions or is
this a problem with Conditions being mixed in with the "Then/Else"?

I note that "else" is really adding conditions outside of the "When",
especially if "else 2" or "else 3" is used.

Rule
For // What is our context under which the when/then/else will execute?
What are we talking about with this rule?
  Foo()
  Bar()
  Bas()
When
  Bar.Date() > Bas.Date() ...
  Foo(isTrue)
Then
  //Everything matches
else
  //For Foo(), Bar(), and Bas() something did not match
end

Or is the problem that we are leaving out the "When" conditional
statements on the "Else"?  This looks a lot like nested if statements.

Rule
When
  Foo()
  Bar()
  Bas()
Then
  //Everything matches
Else When Foo() and Bar() Then
  //Foo and Bar match, No Bas
Else When not Foo() Then
  //No Foo, Bar and Bas unknown
Else
This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete the e-mail from your system.