[rules-dev] the new drools 5.0 api and the old api

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Tue Feb 24 19:27:49 EST 2009

For now anything outside of drools-api is considered legacy, there are
simply too many classes to mark them all individually. We will try and
migrate all the old public apis to a separate optional jar, but it was
too much work to do for 5.0, where backwards compatability was a
priority. So at the moment drools-api wraps the legacy apis, eventually
drools-api will become the native impl and the legacy apis will wrap
drools-api.

Mark