[rules-dev] BRMS - Connecting to a different repository

petru simion petru_simion at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 13:04:27 EST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to connect to another DB repository then the one that BRMS uses by default.
I tried applying the WIKI info, wich states that the following peace of code should be inserted  after the <Repository> tag in the repository.xml found under the bin dir of the JBoss installation, but nothing seems to trigger the creation of the schema in the database I just created.
Tested with both SQL Server and My SQL and same behavior.

I guess that if something is not right either in the syntax of the repository.xml file, or if any of the settings: eg. name of the driver, username, password etc, jackrabbit does not really warn me but connects to the default repository.

Anyone had this kind of problems ?

Here is the content of the <DataStore> tag.

<DataStore class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.db.DbDataStore">
<param name="url" value="jdbc:sqlserver://localhost\SQLEXPRESS;DatabaseName=drools_pilot;SelectMethod=cursor"/>
<param name="user" value="johnDoe"/>
<param name="password" value="jdpassword"/>
<param name="databaseType" value="sqlserver"/>
<param name="driver" value="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver"/>
<param name="minRecordLength" value="1024"/>
<param name="maxConnections" value="3"/>
<param name="copyWhenReading" value="true"/>
<param name="tablePrefix" value=""/>
</DataStore>